Natural hair is the latest fashion kick. Everyone, like, everyone..well a lot of people, seem to be embracing the natural look. Is this just a phase? Like jheri curls??? Or legwarmers? I hope not. So why am I natural?
1) I believe that God made me juuuussst right, so although I have the freedom to do what I want with my hair, it's important for me to be acceptant of what I do have and not change it due to insecurities about who I was made as.
2) The chemicals in relaxers are not healthy. Dude, anything strong enough to melt cans is NOT cool to be on my head. 'Nuff said.
3) Natural hair is so unique! Every single hair texture is slightly different and the diversity is so cool.
4) I like not being fearful of rain, sea, swimming pools and water fights. (Swimming pools do gross me out though. Stagnant water, potentially unwashed bodies..not my thing)
5) That freshly washed afro smell and feel. Mmmmm.