Thursday 19 May 2011

Product Review: Always Instant Oil Moisturiser Leave in



Where do I begin?? With the primary school PVA glue reminiscent scent?? The unfulfilled promises of moisturised hair? The kinda greasy, slightly waxy, but still hard texture of my hair after usage?

 I entered into the Indian owned black hair shop, cringing once again at my own hypocrisy (I can wax lyrical about why we should support black business, pump our pounds into our own community bla bla economic self development bla bla...alas..), and gave a wan smile to the man sitting at the counter. The journey had begun. I was determined to find a regular, wonder, miracle working product that would cost me less than  £3. My overdraft had commanded me to do so.

 I scanned the aisles...Doo Gro, Re-Gro, Organicz, Gro-Gro....among the mass of poorly (and patronisingly)spelt Vaseline knock offs, I spotted Allways NAtural Instant Oil Moisturiser Leave In. Quick ingredient investigation *smile*. No petroleum, mineral oil or silicones.Woohoo! A natural, cheap, leave in. Could this be love?

NO.

This is a white creamyish liquid that's supposed to be a leave in. I really hope it works for someone else, because it was one of worst things I've tried.


Ingredients: Herbal Extract (Indian Hemp, Rosemary, Nettle, Sage, Birch, Burdock, Hops, Chaparral, Sunflower Petal), Isopropyl Myristrate, Glycerine,Stearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate SE, Glycol Stearate, Acetamide MEA, Cocoa Butter, Myristyl Myristrate, Aloe Vera, Oil Blend (Jojoba Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avocado Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil), Disodium Edetate, propylene Glycol, Lecithin, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Pros

  • All natural ingredients
  • Cheap
  • Not strong smelling
  • Can be purchased locally. not over the internet.
Cons
  • Smells like PVA glue
  • Oily but not moisturising
  • Leaves hair feeling horrible
  • Failed expectations ( I really wanted a cheap all natural leave in!! Maan..*upset face*)

No comments:

Post a Comment